Police in Kamuli District is investigating circumstances under which a woman got electrocuted while hanging clothes on a clothesline in Kisozi town council.
Sarah Nabirye,25-year-old was roasted to Death on Sunday afternoon after the clothesline she was using touched a loose electric cable.
The neighbor who was present at the time of the incident says she was cooking when she realized Nabirye lying lifeless on the ground with a cloud of smoke coming from the wires.
She adds that residents quickly run to turn off the main switch but it was too late as Nabirye was already dead.
Busoga North Police Spokesperson, Michael Kasadha says police have started the search for unknown persons who have been illegally connecting power within the area where Nabirye died.
He adds that says they are working with the power regulator- Umeme to disconnect illegal power lines in Kisozi town council and the surrounding areas
Illegal power connections kill dozens of Ugandans annually.