Jailed former Principal Accoutant in the OPM Geoffrey Kazinda bows out of the criminal trials against him before the Anti-corruption court citing humanitarian grounds where his rights to a speedy and fair trial are not obseved .
Kazinda has informed presiding judge Margret Tibulya this morning that he is fatigued with the trial that has taken eight solid years of his valuable time being in prison since 2013.
Kazinda says even then the Inspectorate of government is not about to let him off the hook ; despite a Costitutional court ruling that halted a series of charges that stem from the same facts against him last Friday.
Kazinda has further told justice Tibulya not to call him again from prison to come to court to attend trial because he tired of the sequence. He has then implored the judge to continue with the pending charges of accumulating abnormal wealth (illicit enrichment ) instituted by the IGG against him until judgememnet without his involvement.
However the IGG maintains Kazinda can not abandon the trial now which is in advanced stages since also the Constitutional court did not bar proceedings in this particular case.
The IGG Says if Kazinda is fatigued, he can be given ample time to rest in prison and resumes trial whenever he is ready.
Justice Tibulya has now directed that the registrar of the Anti-corruption court finds a government aided lawyer for Kazinda to push forward the pending case before Friday this week.
In a related development, the Director of Public Prosecutions Jane Frances Abodo has complied with last week’s Constitutional court decision and she has withdrawn a total of 73 counts against Kazinda .
These include ; Forgery, causing Financial loss and criminal conspiracy among others.
Despite the withdrawal of these charges , Kazinda cannot be discharged to leave Luzira prison due to other pending cases .